Phyto Corporation is
a disruptive bio food-tech startup
creating the future of food
with the world's first plant-based salt,
"PhytoSalt," that can reduce sodium intake by 40%
Salicornia grows in many seashore lands around the world. It is a halophyte that is raised by seawater and accumulates salt in its body. Salicornia is also known as ‘sea beans’ or ‘sea asparagus,’ and is a nutritious and sustainable food resource. So, people have attempted to consume Salicornia as a food source from a long time ago, but they could not eat it because it was too salty.
Phyto Corporation has, for the first time, isolated salt from Salicornia, and developed a new food resource, “PhytoMeal” which is not salty and thus edible. Further, the company has developed a plant-based salt, “PhytoSalt,” which separates the salt from the Salicornia plant.
Phyto Corporation holds 35 patents to PhytoSalt, PhytoMeal and other Salicornia-based products.
Salicornia -> PhytoSalt + Desalted PhytoMeal
Winner of StartupSG Prize
Awarded by Singapore Government
at 'Future Food Asia 2019'
Selected as a participant in the TERRA Cohort IV in San Francisco,
a global innovation accelerator fueling ground-breaking transformation
in the food and agriculture industry.
Through such participation, Phyto Corporation is currently collaborating
with MLA(Meat & Livestock Australia), a global meat company,
in the development of new superfoods made with Australian meat
and Phyto Corporation's plant-based salt.
Project: "Meat with Plant-Based Salt"
Selected as "The Top 10 F&B Start-Up" by FoodNavigator-Asia
Selected as an innovative company in the biotechnology sector in the "CAC Global Summit 2020" by Seoul government in June 2020
MemoryTea is now available for sale at E-Mart, the largest supermarket chain in South Korea.
• Salicornia is an edible halophyte plant that is a nutritious and functional food resource: https://earth.org/what-is-the-halophyte-plant/
• Salicornia can be mass-cultivated by seawater agriculture, which is a new agricultural method suitable for an age of food shortage resulting from water shortage.
• Seawater agriculture is sustainable and eco-friendly for the future of food;
it does not require the use of any freshwater, fertilizers, or pesticides.
• Salicornia and seawater agriculture can solve global food shortages and climate change problems.
• Salicornia cultivation contributes to the increase of profit for farmers.