Phyto Corporation is
a disruptive food tech startup
creating the future of food
with "PhytoSalt," a plant-based salt
that can reduce sodium intake by 20%.
Winner of StartupSG Prize
Awarded by Singapore Government
at 'Future Food Asia 2019'
Phyto Corporation selected to participate in Cohort IV of TERRA,
a leading global innovation accelerator fueling ground-breaking transformation
in the food and agriculture industry.
Phyto Corporation published in Food Navigator-Asia:
Phyto Corporation has developed the world's first '100% plant-based salt,'
"PhytoSalt," extracted from Salicornia, a plant containing high contents of salt. PhytoSalt is a naturally low-sodium salt that can reduce sodium intake by 20%. In addition, preclinical trials have revealed PhytoSalt to be effective on high blood pressure.
By desalinating Salicornia, Phyto Corporation has also developed a new superfood ingredient,' "PhytoMeal," that is effective in reducing body fat.
Phyto Corporation holds more than 30 patents to PhytoSalt, PhytoMeal and other Salicornia-based products. In addition, Phyto Corporation recently received the “2019 Korea Outstanding Patent Award” (Biotechnology sector) for its patents.
Salicornia -> PhytoSalt + Desalted PhytoMeal
MemoryTea is now available for sale at E-Mart, the largest supermarket chain in South Korea.
Articles on Phyto Corporation Products
Published in SCI Journals
1. The ameliorative effects of the ethyl acetate extract of Salicornia europaea L. and Its bioactive candidate, Irilin B, on LPS-induced microglial inflammation and MPTP-intoxicated PD-like mouse model. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity 2019: 1-16 (2019)
2. Cognitive-enhancing and ameliorative effects of acanthoside B in a scopolamine-induced amnesic mouse model through regulation of oxidative/inflammatory/cholinergic systems and activation of the TrkB/CREB/BDNF pathway. Food and Chemical Toxicology 129: 444-457 (2019)
5. Desalted Salicornia europaea extract attenuated vascular neointima formation by inhibiting the MAPK pathway-mediated migration and proliferation in vascular smooth muscle cells. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 94: 430-438 (2017)
• Salicornia is a beneficial and sustainable future food resource that can be mass-cultivated by seawater agriculture, which is a new agricultural method suitable for an age of food shortage resulting from water shortage.
• Seawater agriculture is sustainable and eco-friendly for the future of food;
it does not require the use of any freshwater, fertilizers or pesticides.
• Salicornia is the only edible halophyte that can be cultivated by the seawater agriculture method.
• Salicornia cultivation contributes to the increase of profit for farmers.
Copyright©: Phyto Corporation 2017. All Rights Reserved
2nd Fl., Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics
Seoul National University
Seoul, South Korea