Phyto Corporation is a disruptive agri-food tech startup
creating a new future with the world's first plant-based salt,
"PhytoSalt", that can reduce sodium intake by 40%
and is Carbon Negative.
Food products using PhytoSalt can reduce their Carbon Footprint
or achieve Negative Emissions.
Also, Blue Carbon through Salicornia seawater agriculture
can mitigate climate change and generate carbon credits.
Salicornia grows in many seashore lands around the world. It is a halophyte that is raised by seawater and accumulates salt in its body. Salicornia is also known as ‘sea beans’ or ‘sea asparagus,’ and is a nutritious and sustainable food resource. So, people have attempted to consume Salicornia as a food source from a long time ago, but they could not eat it because it was too salty.
Phyto Corporation has, for the first time, isolated salt from Salicornia, and developed a new food resource, “PhytoMeal” which is not salty and thus edible. Further, the company has developed a plant-based salt, “PhytoSalt,” which separates the salt from the Salicornia plant.
PhytoSalt is a naturally low-sodium salt that can reduce sodium intake, so it is effective on high blood pressure. PhytoMeal is a new superfood ingredient that is effective in reducing body fat.
Phyto Corporation holds 35 patents to PhytoSalt, PhytoMeal and other Salicornia-based products.
Salicornia -> PhytoSalt + Desalted PhytoMeal
Winner of StartupSG Prize
Awarded by Singapore Government
at 'Future Food Asia 2019'
Selected as a participant in the TERRA Cohort IV in San Francisco,
a global innovation accelerator fueling ground-breaking transformation
in the food and agriculture industry.
Through such participation, Phyto Corporation is currently collaborating
with MLA(Meat & Livestock Australia), a global meat company,
in the development of new superfoods made with Australian meat
and Phyto Corporation's plant-based salt.
Project: "Meat with Plant-Based Salt"
Selected as "The Top 10 F&B Start-Up" by FoodNavigator-Asia
MemoryTea is now available for sale at E-Mart, the largest supermarket chain in South Korea.
• Salicornia, called 'sea beans' or 'sea asparagus', is an edible halophyte plant that is a nutritious and functional food resource: https://earth.org/what-is-the-halophyte-plant/
• Salicornia is mass-cultivated by seawater agriculture, which is a climate-smart agriculture (CSA) that addresses the interlinked challenges of food security and climate change.
• Seawater agriculture is sustainable and eco-friendly for an age of food shortage resulting from water shortage; it does not require the use of any freshwater, fertilizers, or pesticides.
• Salicornia seawater agriculture can help solve global food shortages.
Also, "Blue Carbon" through seawater agriculture can mitigate global climate change and generate carbon credits: The "Blue Carbon" ecosystems can store up to 10 times more carbon than tropical rainforests: https://carboncredits.com/the-importance-of-blue-carbon-credits/
• Salicornia cultivation contributes to the increase of profit for local farmers.
Bucheon Techno Valley U1 Center #1122
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright©: Phyto Corporation 2017. All Rights Reserved